From Wikimedia Canada
- This document provides a uniform standard for reimbursing authorized expenses incurred by anyone on behalf of Wiki Canada.
- Those seeking reimbursement shall, within 90 days from the date of an invoice, submit a request form listing any reimbursable expenses.
- Incorrect entries or incomplete attachments may delay reimbursement.
- The reimbursement request form may be submitted electronically, along with electronic copies of receipts which the submitter received in that form. The originals of all paper receipts shall be mailed immediately after submitting the request form; to ensure proper matching a printed copy of the request form should accompany the mailed receipt.
- Where a receipt is lost or otherwise unavailable, a printout of the submitter’s cancelled cheque, monthly credit card or bank statement with the expenditure clearly identified may be an acceptable alternative for an original receipt.
- Generally, Wiki Canada does not advance funds for proposed expenses. Nevertheless the Board of Directors may, where specified circumstances warrant, grant an advance under such conditions as it may set.
- Except as specified in this policy, no allowances will be provided for expenses, but reimbursements will only be made for actual expenses incurred based on the invoiced amounts.
- Wiki Canada will reimburse submitters within 60 days of first receiving a completed request form, providing that all required documentation has been received.
- Wiki Canada will reimburse submitters for the use of personally owned vehicles where previously approved by the Board. Reimbursement rates will be 53 cents per kilometre.
- Those claiming a reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles shall complete the "Mileage Log" section of the request form.
- Where public transportation is available as a reasonable alternative to the use of a personal vehicle the amount of reimbursement payable shall be limited to the amount that would have been payable for public transportation.